• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CAT 7155 - need some info

DocHemi

I'm new here and have already found alot of good information.

My employeer has recently bought 14 M916 trucks with the 7155 tranny......am looking for some help with these units....so far no big problems, but some bothersome little ones.

Any help is appreciated

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First of all welcome to the forum. Where to start. Trucks with the 7155 were released quite some time ago, and were discussed a lot here years ago, so you will need to do some searching for older posts regarding the transmission. Recently, a large number of rebuilt 7155's were sold by Government Liquidation, that were rebuilt at Ft Polk. Your employer needs to stock up on as many as these as he can find. I have two of these in trucks, one operates flawlessly, and the other messes up occasionally and needs a shot of oil in the air supply line to get it to work right. I would recommend upgrading the truck's air dryers to the latest and greatest technology, as moisture in the 7155 valve body will ruin it. Some of us have added air line oilers in advance of the transmission with good results. Lastly, sorry to be negative, but what was your employer thinking??? If ya'll plan to operate these trucks day in and day out, driven by run of the mill drivers, you can plan on significant problems/downtime from the 7155s. They are 39 years old with zero parts support!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks