• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cat 7155 PTO?

I'm the planning stages for building a type 4 wildland engine on a modified 920 and need a PTO that's pump and roll. Is the Cat 7155 PTO capable? What about an Oshkosh 55000, I'm thinking about swapping out the T-case I think @simp5782 did this conversion. Any suggestions?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I'm the planning stages for building a type 4 wildland engine on a modified 920 and need a PTO that's pump and roll. Is the Cat 7155 PTO capable? What about an Oshkosh 55000, I'm thinking about swapping out the T-case I think @simp5782 did this conversion. Any suggestions?
Pto works in gears 1 thru 4 on the cat transmission.

You would want a HET version of the Oshkosh 55000 since it has the full time pump made into the rear of the middle shaft of the 55000 and it can run all the time. This is used for the steering on the HET.

I have a HET 55000 unit but it's not cheap

I will add that it is a 47hp PTO. CCW rotation. The pump on the pto is a 7/8 shaft 13 spline coupler. It is two 20gpm pumps ran stacked. Each section is 20gpm, you can combine them at a valve to double the speed if needed.
That's super helpful. I was actually wondering about that yesterday while sizing water pumps. Thanks. You wouldn't happen to know the rating in the HET T-case pump?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That's super helpful. I was actually wondering about that yesterday while sizing water pumps. Thanks. You wouldn't happen to know the rating in the HET T-case pump?
Transfer case will spin and whatever RPM you are moving at. Or if you put it in neutral it will spin. You can match any pump to it you want. It is an SAE 2 bolt setup with 7/8" 13 spline. You can find a pump from surpluscenter.com

There is no PTO on the transmission itself the pump bolts directly to the transfer case at a 1:1 full time ratio

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks