Cat 7155 tranny

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Floridianson

Yea when empty I would just lift up on the shifter to bypass any number of gears. Same with the down shifting if I had to do a quick stop and not do a lot of down shifting. Still like the T handle but love my M915A2 better just wish the dang Government would have installed factory air. Wish I had the job of ordering the trucks. Air conditioning in everything and lockers plus XM radio.

Last edited:

ponway

B42D4346-2D8C-4B3F-BD77-C2419D32A0E2.jpgA643EC56-1D69-4501-A9BA-7AB96CDC1E2D.jpgSoni had this on a shifter that I got from him. Looks like he made an adapter to shroud the sharp edge of the rectangle shift lever. Gives a little more to pull up on.

OUR MURPHY

thank you to R Racing for man things posted on the 7155 trans. a tip for those rebuilding the 9 valve housings on the air shift manifold.... i found it difficult to get the pistons back in the housings after putting on the new seal and ring. what finally worked .. i put some assembly lube on the ring then tightened a home made ring compressor made from a strip of thin aluminum and a hose clam minutesep,, with clamp fully tight i put the piston w/clamp in the center of some ice for about five minutes then quickly removed the clamp and put it to the housing and found that while still cold the piston seal and ring could be slid into the housing easily by hand.
i do have a question for any one who may know. i got a gasket kit from CAT for the manifold plates. all the gaskets in the kit are identical to the originals except for one..the gasket between the second and third plate has all the small holes for the 50 plus small valves , but then the original gasket has two large holes for the two large valves and the new gasket only has
two small holes for the two large valves, Does anyone know if this is a change that is meant did i get a reject gasket?