• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CAT 7155 transmission shifter lights

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At night, I could never make out the CAT 7155 transmission shifter gear numbers on my M920. They are lit up by four bulbs. I found that when the light switch was adjusted for maximum dash panel light brightness, the most I got out of the four shifter bulbs as a dim orange glow. The highest voltage I was getting at the bulb socket was around 11 volts. I did a little research and found a bulb #1048 that is rated at 11 volts and fits. The numbers can now be easily seen at night.

JH1

I would be interested to know if they have burned out, yet. Typically, when you overdrive a light bulb, they croak. Another option might be a drop-in LED. I put 4 in my shifter tower and they work great. They are more tolerant of overvoltage, but they are rated for 12v, anyway. Find them on ebay for $3 or so, ea.
JH1