• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Caution Newbie! Proud M37 owner

ICSmoke

Hey Gang! I just picked up a 62 Dodge M37, It is in great shape! Im currently in the process of replacing the ignition (missing key) and charging the batteries to tool it around the yard.

Ill post more later! but for now here are some photos!:driver:

Thanks
Ian

Attachments

Last edited:

ICSmoke

Thanks! you'll have to excuse my lack of terms but what is OD?

I've got to pick up new batteries tomorrow as the ones that were in it were shot, and the two I had sitting around arnt much better. Once I got some juice to it and jumped the ignition switch a few cranks on the starter and it fired up!

I need to bleed the brakes sometime along with a good wash! Along with figuring out how the horn was hooked up.

I have most of the records from when it had 3 miles on it which is pretty exciting!

This will be a parade queen so I dont plan to mess with the drive train, as far as color schemes I am on the fence of Green or Red again. the truck looks to be originally painted fire engine yellow, but I will have to investigate more tomorrow.

cornrichard

OD means olive drab. Short for really cool army color. I can't believe that nice dodge has not spoiled you for old trucks! I got a kick out of the runs when parked marking. So did everything else in the whole world. Good looking truck. I hope you enjoy it. You have found the best place for info and good people to share it with.

ICSmoke

OD means olive drab. Short for really cool army color. I can't believe that nice dodge has not spoiled you for old trucks! I got a kick out of the runs when parked marking. So did everything else in the whole world. Good looking truck. I hope you enjoy it. You have found the best place for info and good people to share it with.
10-4! I've always had a itch for dodges (see signature), I actually enjoy driving the m37 around! a lot of heads turn!

I plan on sanding down the hood this weekend to try and find the numbers. Hopefully I do, If not It will still be green.

A couple photos:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks