• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Caution with loadouts!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was told the nation wide policy has changed, GL no longer helps load any private vehicles!
I just got two M101A2s loaded at Ft. Campbell Tuesday so that policy isn't in effect at every site.

Ft. Campbell started putting "buyer loads" on alot of their lots. I asked the site guy why and he said he started putting that so they wouldn't be obligated to load but still would if they weren't too busy.

acmunro

No help

Wow, I was just going to say that Chambersburg PA was the only site where the GL guy there absolutely refused to help in any capacity. The smug jerk just stood there, and no amount of being nice was going to make him move. You had to have been there to believe it, really. All of the other half dozen sites I've been to were GTG, helping load out or something simple like pointing to a power outlet for my compressor and the like.
I wasn't in any real hurry the day I had my pick up there. Since I was on my own loading I just took my time. He seemed to get a bit impatient, but I didn't care that day. He finally said I would have to sign the paperwork because he had some trucks he had to load. I signed them and said Thanks for all your help.

davidkroberts

I just got two M101A2s loaded at Ft. Campbell Tuesday so that policy isn't in effect at every site.

Ft. Campbell started putting "buyer loads" on alot of their lots. I asked the site guy why and he said he started putting that so they wouldn't be obligated to load but still would if they weren't too busy.

kind of the feeling ive gotten everytime ive gone to campbell. They have always been exceptionally helpful and friendly. I have nothing but good things to say about ft campbell and jacksonville (little rock) arkansas GL employees

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I inspected at hooks, tx they said they would not assist in loading or any other assistance especially at off sight lots. I asked if a jump start would be ok but even then it was not permitted. I saw a trucker come in and was getting tee'd off because there was no way to load a number of Gen-sets onto his flat bed without GL's forklifts, might I add he was from a state agency "Louisiana Dept of Forestry and Parks". Others may have had different experiences but thats what I encountered this past March.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks