• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CB Antenna kits?

Elwenil

CBs, I would say no since CB stands for Citizen's Band radio. It is possible that the military may have at some point used the same band in earlier days before it was reserved for CB use, but I doubt the military ever used a band that anyone with a radio (and in the 70s a FCC CB license) could listen to.

rmgill

In Civil Defense matters, the smart military commanders (as well as civilian emergency responders) will hook up with local CB and HAM users in order to widen their information net and expand their ability to deal with the problem.

CCATLETT1984

Has anyone turned the mil. antenna for the m1008 into a CB.

I would like to use a mil antenna on my truck for a CB antenna. I have seen an article or two on the net showing ways to do it, but want to know if anyone has done it here. How is the reception? what kind of radio do you use?

Also I am looking for a antenna for the truck including the actual truck mount (i have the piece with the metal ring on it).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks