• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CB Compatible Antenna

NJDEUCE

Hello all. I purchased two CB radios for my M923A2 and M35a2, so my dad and I can communicate while we are on the road. I'm looking for the correct antenna mounts and actual antennas (if possible) to use with the radios. I would love to keep all military equipment, but if I can use a military mount with a commercial antenna that would be okay. I'd prefer either a bumper mount, or fender mount. I'm a big fan of the long antennas that you have to strap down, due to their appearance, but I understand they must be compatible with the CB range. I've been searching around and I'm getting really confused with all the model numbers and possible combinations, so if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

quickfarms

The AB 15 base and three section antenna composed of the MS 116, 117 and 118 is very close to the length of the long whip used on the CB radios

We have used these with CB radios in the past.

ke5eua

As long as you are not running illegal a typical sincgars antenna will work. I have put an antenna analyzer on two different types and I could go down into 10 meters (28 mhz)

4 watts will be fine in them.

If you want to retain the sugar cup mount but put a 102" whip on there then this might be your answer.

http://www.cal-av.com/springs.html

I ordered two of the blank plates and just ran my step bit to get it to hold my uhf mount then painted them.

I am not affiliated with cal-av, just use the products and am a happy customer.

wilfreeman

I use the stock corner mount and an ab15, ms116,117 and 118. You will need to cut the ms118 to tune it - I think I cut about a foot off of mine. Of course, mine is mounted on my m38a1. I plan on installing an antenna on the deuce also using the sugar scoop mount on the bed.

Last edited:

NJDEUCE

Thanks for all the help guys, very helpful information. The Those Military Guys kit is actually exactly what I was thinking about doing. I really like the look of the antenna mounted to the bed. Is this antenna still effective when it's bent over?

ke5eua

Thanks for all the help guys, very helpful information. The Those Military Guys kit is actually exactly what I was thinking about doing. I really like the look of the antenna mounted to the bed. Is this antenna still effective when it's bent over?
You won't notice to much loss in performance. Having the whip folded creates a make shift NVIS antenna for lower bands relying on high take off angels for skywave. The frequency range for CB's you will be fine for short range communications.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks