• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CB mounting - thoughts and ideas please!

bob69302

Just want to know people's thoughts and options for my CB setup. Not sure how I'm going to mount it all (maybe duct tape and chewing gum!!). I want to mount the radio plate to the windshield frame with quick disconnects like what the back seats have (1/4 turn). This will make access to the engine much easier and I can remove the CB setup so it doesn't get stolen.

As always thoughts, ideas, onions always welcome!
Thanks again
Phil
cb mounting.jpg

Predator42

Here is an "onion" what about building a box where the front folds down almost like a briefcase with a handle that you can simply lift in and out, and keep the radios permanently mounted radio box.jpeg another mounting idea would be to use a battery hold down. slide the rods through holes drilled in the radio shelf and that will old it tight to the shelf.battery hold down.jpeg