• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CB Radio mount

caliber1

Okay, I have searched for two days now and haven't found any pics or threads. Anyone have shots of a CB mounted in their Deuce? Just wondering. Know how to get power and all, just thinking about where to mount it.

deuceaid

Banned
I have been thinking the same thing, I have sat in the driver and passenger seat the past few days wondering where to put my radios........maybe overhead (build a frame) I have done that in the past with radios on different vehicles......

But I still need more space, I was thinking maybe some right under the dash between the air switch and steering coulum.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The idel place would be in a rack hooked to the hard top (assuming you have a hard top).

Cant them slightly to the right where you can see the face of the radio.

Hang the mike from a mini-bungee cord and you'll look like a professional trucker.

I hate a radio mounted where I can't see the dials or meter.

plym49

Obviously a lot of thought and work has gone into setting up the interior in the pictures above, but personally I don't like things mounted up high or sticking out. Perhaps it is because I sit tall in the saddle, so I don't like anything that I can hit my noggin on or that blocks a line of sight. Suggest perhaps right under the dash, more or less centered.

phil2968

Here are some pics of what I did to install my cb and radio in the glove (map) box. Took quite a bit of wood work but I am happy with the end result. I am out of town now but will try to get and post some pics of the installed system.
Where do you put your registration and insurance card? You must have a console of some sort.

6x6TRex

Obviously a lot of thought and work has gone into setting up the interior in the pictures above, but personally I don't like things mounted up high or sticking out. Perhaps it is because I sit tall in the saddle, so I don't like anything that I can hit my noggin on or that blocks a line of sight. Suggest perhaps right under the dash, more or less centered.
Or how about a different style cb? I have a Cobra WX 75 in my Dakota and love it! Everything is controlled on the mic and all you have to mount is the small box behind the dash.

My plan (when I get another Deuce) is to mount the box behind the dash then make a plate to mount the mic connector in the dash. And if you get another control box (~$30) you can transfer it from truck to truck.

Another advantage is unscrew 1 connector, take the mic inside, and now nobody can steal your cb.

Attachments

You might get some ideas at a ham radio store.

This may sound strange but, depending on the size of the CB, you might be able to mount it on the on the side of the seat. Just a very odd thought.

deuceaid

Banned
well I just put one in at the same angle as LowTech... but I put it to the left of the air switch....... but after sitting in the truck this afternoon, in both seats, I think I am going to move the air switch over to the far left of the panel by the door,,, then place my audio panel and intercom where the air switch was , and build a rack for 2 of the radios to go overhead, and leave the 3rd down by the audio panel :deadhorse:

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I am going to move the air switch over to the far left of the panel by the door,,,
It makes me nervous to have things mounted down near my knees, and by the door where I get in and out, that really creeps me out. When I put the CB in I had to do some figuring for the right location. It's away from my knees, I can't touch it w/ the shifter, I can see it (even if I can't hear it), doesn't interfere w/ the passenger, and it doesn't interfere w/ the laptop mount.

I think moving the air switch in the dash would be stylin' ;)

M813A1

I mounted my Cb to a bracket on the top rail and center post of my windsheild frame so that is does nopt get the dust in it from the floor. photo to follow

Welder Sam

im looking at the same problem in 3 trucks before long. im tempted to just mount a plate that goes from the underside of the dash to the firewall. that way it wont protrude and will be steady. then again, i like the idea of dropping a vertical type of console in under the dash too. then mount the 1780 and some other stuff there too

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks