• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CB radio

The HUlk

Here's my radio set:

Fabbed a bracket for the CB to sit under the speaker. I replumbed the one on the left to use the original cable. It goes to the scanner between the driver seat and console. The aux speaker goes to the CB- it has View attachment 587200a built in AAMP. The mike was from a MIL set, it was replumbed to work with the CB since it has a cool clip that allows it to hang on the built-in Mic clip on the ARMY speaker.
Very nice set up! I like the mil speaker & mic. Would you happen to know the model numbers?

edpdx

Sgt Major Hulk: Handset M80D Dynamic RT524 VRC 47 and Military Loudspeaker Model: LS-671/VRC

NSN: 5965-01-222-1420

The HUlk

Sgt Major Hulk: Handset M80D Dynamic RT524 VRC 47 and Military Loudspeaker Model: LS-671/VRC

NSN: 5965-01-222-1420
[salute] Sir, thank you Sir.

I will be putting in a communication system into our truck this winter and may try to find similar pieces to incorporate. Specifically I need a mic & 1/4" line-out for the rear crew area, and a mic, 1/8" line-in, military speaker, and 1/8" headphone jack in the cab for driver & crew communications. A CB in the cab would be nice as well and I'm thinking a small audio mixer to distribute the various audio sources.

stationjj

For the Ham Radio operators. I have a Kenwood D710 with remote head mounted to dash plate on the M1009.

With regard to an antenna. I am using a MFJ 1432B. This is a great VHF/UHF antenna. With this antenna you can choose your own mount.
Yes, bit pricey, but range is worth the money. It's a tall antenna, but can be easily lowered through a spring in the antenna.

I mounted mine on driver side on roof. It's getting banged up. My plans are to attach 2nd CUCV antenna mount to right side, and mount there. This should help reduce it getting banged up.

stationjj