• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CBR Metalworks M920 hauler 'Mad Max'

Yes, VERY hard to find. I kind of lucked into finding this one. A friend told me about some forklifts he was watching and said there was a trailer there so I got online and looked it over. I have talked with guys from Holden Equipment a couple times, they have been pretty helpful. I am going to start a thread in the trailers section dedicated to these trailers.

I had started looking for a heavy rated pintle trailer (capable of hauling a minimum of 20k lbs), but that is VERY hard to find. Most are 10 or 12 ton trailers (which does not factor in the weight of the trailer). A 12 ton would probably be OK to haul a M548, but I wanted something that would haul one without any issue. I had found a 25 ton for $5k, but it would have needed new deck boards, new tires probably, and who knows what else. This EET will HAVE new tires/wheels, and will need ramps/lights as well as other stuff, but I should end up with less than $5k in it after it's all done, and it will be a true military trailer that will LOOK nice behind the M920 as well as handle the weight of a M548 without issue.

Getting ready for the Denton rally I threw an exhaust pipe on the truck, new 10' section of 5" pipe was only $67 so I used it and a section of the old pipe to run it straight piped out in front of the passenger tire. I have got to say it sounds GREAT, especially when using the jake!

Also hooked up the MTO20 today to move it, still a lot of work to do on it, but should at least be able to haul it to the Denton rally as a first test run.

20150409_114744.jpgm920.jpg

If anyone has thoughts of putting an AirDog or FASS fuel pump on your truck, DON'T HESITATE. The NTC400 runs MUCH stronger with it. Just the addition of an electric lift pump would probably help, but I had parted out a Dodge 3500 truck that had one on it so I used it on this. I also did a full service on the truck and changed all (3) fuel filters, and both oil filters. I replaced the oil cartridge bypass filter with this spin-on filter. Much smaller and will make oil changes easier.

I will say draining the oil in this is HORRIBLE, it POURS oil all over the exhaust pipe and makes a HUGE mess underneath. It is the Niagara Falls of oil changes...

20150409_190608.jpg20150409_190603.jpg

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
...I will say draining the oil in this is HORRIBLE, it POURS oil all over the exhaust pipe and makes a HUGE mess underneath. It is the Niagara Falls of oil changes...
I'm about to go through that myself. I hear its easier on the Big Cam III engines, because of the oil pan plug orientation.

On my m916, it looks like its going to get all over the exhaust, springs, and probably soak the brake shoes if I'm not careful.

I held a piece of cardboard up there, it still got all over the exhaust but that doesn't bother me too much. However you do it there will be a mess. My drain pan wasn't big enough either. I didn't know the truck holds 11.5 gallons including both filters. Let's just say I am glad I wasn't on concrete...

On a side note if you need a complete filter kit (every filter you need including air filters) for your truck I have a bunch of kits. They are listed in the for sale section.

M920

I held a piece of cardboard up there, it still got all over the exhaust but that doesn't bother me too much. However you do it there will be a mess. My drain pan wasn't big enough either. I didn't know the truck holds 11.5 gallons including both filters. Let's just say I am glad I wasn't on concrete...
I had talked to Castle Bravo about this issue and just remembered how I 'fixed' it on my M920. I cut the exhaust tubing right behind the turbo flange and welded in a piece that I cut from the lower, horizontal section of the tubing, after it makes the S-curve down. this moves the down part far enough to the rear, so that it clears a Fumoto oil drain valve!
It is available with a hose barb, so with a short piece of hose on it, you can use a smaller, easy to handle drain bucket. Whenever it gets full, you just shut off the valve, go drain it and repeat this as many times as needed! It makes changing the oil sooooooooo much easier!
I use the Futomo valves on all my big trucks..... :)

Soni

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks