• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW new owner with pictures.

spamman450

Hello everybody. I recently purchased what i believe to be a 1944 open top CCKW. It was used as a water truck and has a non stock tank on the back. The frame number is cckw 353-368-422 b2. at the end of the number is a 150 in a circle. The hood number an cab tag are 432 1643.
Was hoping someone more experienced with CCKW's could take a look at the pics and share there knowledge as to what exactly i have. So far i have got the truck running, and am about to go through the brakes and tires. Its going to live at my ranch and do occasional water truck duty when needed. I am going to set it up to fill only half the tank, as i think it is oversized for the truck.
I am looking forwards to what others have to say.

Thanks

cckw.jpgcckw1.jpgcckw3.jpgcckw4.jpgcckw2.jpg

dmetalmiki

Wow "old metal" soldiers never die! Do it proud and Pretty it up with some camo. Bet the winch still works. And it would carry that tank full.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finding an original bed, and some other sheet metal parts, would be fun. And I'm being sarcastic. But even if you plan on keeping the water tank on, and running it non-stock-looking, it would be neat to see her all painted up OD green and driving again!

Great save!

EwaMarine

Maddawg has the theory! Paint it up OD from WWII! She can work and still get to look legit and maybe be in a parade someday! She earned that!![thumbzup]

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The B means she started life as a cargo truck with winch, and the 2 means she has the GM corporate (banjo) driveline. Vehiclesofvictory.com has a lot on info on these truck you may find useful. Looks like a typical minimal rust California truck, one that the rest of us wish we could find. Yours looks like it never left the US during WWII, as there is no evidence of the typical French, Swiss or Norwegian modifications.

spamman450

Thanks for the replies so far! It seems to be in decent condition other than some rot on the cab sides. The odometer shows around 3500 miles. I know it was used to water a dirt runway 15-20 years ago and has sat ever since . I am attempting to sand the bumper down to see if i can find some unit numbers. It came with a water pump that runs of the PTO mounted on the drivers side. Any idea if this would be stock equipment? I will get a pic of the pump tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks