• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW Wrecker in New Boston, Texas

saddamsnightmare

August 27th, 2008.

:lol: Gentlemen:

If anyone's been looking for a CCKW wrecker to restore or part out, there's one a mile east of the New Boston, Texas junction between U.S.82 and I-30 on the north side of I-30. It sits in the brush next to a garage with a newer pickup truck out front.... maybe only a parts truck, but it looks to be all there, just coated with surface rust....
I don't know who owns it, but I am fairly certain they would likely be willing to talk, and in any case CCKW wreckers can't be that common 60 years after "The War". I know MAddawg's going have fun with the "Needs Photos' button, but I was travelling without my camera when I saw it out of the corner of my eye.... I verified what it was on the way back.

Happy hunting for you WWII types....

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 trailer, cargo
1967 Hercules MEP023A Gas Gen Set APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, S.404.114.