• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CD-10516 6cyl?

Hawg211

Hi guys, I'm new so forgive me if this is a dumb question. I spotted some CD-10516 Chevys on GL today that say they have 6cyl engines. Is that accurate? I thought they were all V-8. If it is accurate, is it safe to assume they are diesel? I can't imagine them buying mogas trucks, although I've seen the Army do dumber things.

Midnight Rider

I believe that is a misprint. I think they are getting the 6.2L displacement confused with the number of cylinders.

I've seen that on there a couple of times.

I'm sure if you search through the board you will find that GL doesn't always list things correctly.

Hawg211

Yep, I suspected that much. I wish they put more detail in the listings. Almost every one of them say that the vehicle doesn't run. A lot of them look to be in good shape.....wonder if they just have dead batteries or what?

Ken_86gt

You really can't trust those listings to be very accurate. They sometimes put the wrong pictures, wrong VIN, wrong model, you name it. If you bid without inspecting first you really don't know what you are getting.