• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CDL driver in Delaware...please educate me on recoverys and load-outs

HonkyCat

I live in Delaware and work right down the street from the New Castle, Delaware GL yard...I am new to this military surplus game, but I am not new to heavy trucks... I drive a tri-axle flatbed with a frame mounted crane for a building supply company... have had my CDL "A" for 17 years or so and regard myself as a very conscientious truck driver with a perfect driving record and no DOT violations...

ANYWAY, I have been trying to find some info on what your general guidelines for inspections, recoverys, and load-outs are so that I might be able to render my services for barter and to make some new friends here at SS. My own M35a2 recovery coming up here in a few months and I was trying to think of some ways to make some connections here and possibly trade my skills for parts and such. I know my biggest obstacle is my newness here, but I was just hoping to get some feedback on how your network of shuttling surplus around works!

Thanks...HonkyCat

Scarecrow1

Welcome from SC , I picked up my 923a1 from New Castle last Thanksgiving sure could of used your help then. There are a lot of sales there so I'm sure you will get many responses, again welcome

HonkyCat

Scarecrow1... funny I was just in Florence Sat. night... my father retired to Florida and it is our half-way point on our way home... I was not looking forward to coming back to the snowy Northeast!!

jcappeljr... heck... thats not a bad trip!! ...down 273, across the Conowingo Dam, and up Flintville Rd., right? If I'm not mistaken, you are not too far from Peach Bottom... please do keep me in mind...

Can anybody tell me what is required to drive these trucks inter-state on public roads for the purpose of delivery? Obviously insurance would be required, but is there temporary registration or paperwork that I should require for said delivery in case I was pulled over or stopped at a scalehouse? Tips anyone?