• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cdl requirments??

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't for sure about any other state but I don't think you need a CDL to drive a deuce anywhere.

But I could be wrong. I only play an expert on this site........

Jakob

This is probably the best recent thread to bring this up. My question is, how hard is it to get a CDL? I've been wanting to get mine, but haven't really looked into it. Mostly to drive a dump truck part time.

dc3coyote

Not to hijack your thread, but I got my CDL class A yesterday!!!!! The lady at the DMV was excellent, she even knew the FL codes for registering MVs, and got my Sportmans gold tags for $20. I highly recommend using the Pasco Tax place for your needs they are very well versed with military, and MV related stuff.

Chevytruck

inst it 26,000 pounds the limit of a class c license (except for California)

i think class B is 26,000 pounds or more with a trailer less than 10,000 pounds
and a class A is 26,000 pounds ore more with a trailer more than 10,000 pounds

the question is, how heavy would the truck be if fully loaded?
and do you really need the CDL because there are more restrictions

don't want want to go into details :roll:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is probably the best recent thread to bring this up. My question is, how hard is it to get a CDL? I've been wanting to get mine, but haven't really looked into it. Mostly to drive a dump truck part time.
All you have to do is go down to the DMV and take the test. I've had mine since I was 18 years old. I grew up around trucks so I already had a pretty good understanding of trucks in general so that helped me on the test. If you have limited knowledge of truck brake systems and such you need to study the book really good to be able to pass. You also will have to borrow or rent a truck for the driving test.

I would go ahead and get class "A" while I was getting. It's just a few more questions on the test and with class "A" you will be able to drive a dumptruck or a tractor trailer if you need to. I don't know how many people I've talked to that just got class "B" to drive a dumptruck and then down the road needed to drive a tractor trailer. You've got to take the test all over again to swap from "B" to "A".

Chevytruck

All you have to do is go down to the DMV and take the test. I've had mine since I was 18 years old. I grew up around trucks so I already had a pretty good understanding of trucks in general so that helped me on the test. If you have limited knowledge of truck brake systems and such you need to study the book really good to be able to pass. You also will have to borrow or rent a truck for the driving test.

I would go ahead and get class "A" while I was getting. It's just a few more questions on the test and with class "A" you will be able to drive a dumptruck or a tractor trailer if you need to. I don't know how many people I've talked to that just got class "B" to drive a dumptruck and then down the road needed to drive a tractor trailer. You've got to take the test all over again to swap from "B" to "A".
Thats why I'm going straight for my class A once i turn 18

there is a school course at my school on it (definitely taking it) :grin: