• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CDN M135 under restoration

Superdave

I know it has been a while since I updated the pictures but have been busy. The truck had a setback when it all of a suden started to over heat with the newly aquired NOS rad that he purchased from a local club member. He pulled the head thinking that it was a head gasket only to find out doing some further digging that the rad was kept in an shed on a farm and the little varments had made there home in the upper tank resticting the water flow. While the head was off I noticed some scoring on the cylinder walls and we pulled the pistons to find out that number 2-6 cylinders the top piston rings were broken :evil::evil:. It took another 3 weeks to get some rings out of the US but once they arrived every thing was on track and it is prety much done except for some minor tweaking.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bravo, you guys do spectacular work.

Superdave

Thanks, It was nice to see it finnished in such a short time (3 1/2 months) as we were working on it almost every day. As for the welting I believe it is universal for most of the M38,38A1, 37's and you can buy it in different lengths. The door weather stripping we found through a local glass shop and is almost a perfect replacement for the origional.

Attachments

badgmc56

Hey Superdave, any more of those hardtops kicking around up there and if so what is the going price? Great job on the truck by the way. Got two years into my m-211 picking at it. Can't wait to see it done.

dabtl

I actually got a hard top last year from Memphis! They have some. I was in Memphis last year and saw about four on their yard there.

Mine came from the other location, however.

JGrant

Very impressive example of a CDN M135. Can't image the work involved. I have one in northern Ontario (along with my M35A2) that is without a gas tank/pump assembly. I've been looking for a tank for the beast for quite some time now. Sure would like to find a source for a tank to get my M135 back on the road...

cdn_m135

Amazing truck...Im pretty sure ive seen some of your work as I live in calgary but work in edmonton a lot.

Got an M135 from the grandfather thats out in Claresholm in need of some TLC, might have to come visit your shop and see about some work. Runs great, had a fire back in the early 70s and did a little damage...had a communications box on it. Could use something other than a flat deck and some paint.

Sent you a PM as well to find out more info for contacts/parts suppliers easy for use canucks to access.

WPNS421

Great pictures and excellent job on the M135, I am going to start redoing my M135 with Hiab, I was going to do a quick job but I think I will do the same , a lot of work but well worth it. I have an M135 Kitchen truck that we restored and built last year, it is completely functional w/grill stoves ovens etc.
I am in Ottawa area.:-D

Terry Shelswell

Great job guys. By now this truck must be back on the road and looking great. I have an M135CDN that I purchased several years ago with a blown engine and dragged it from Toronto to Aylmer to Highgate (all Ont) to Detroit where we'll start to rebuild it in the spring. If you have some as-restored photos, please post them or point me to them. Did you paint the truck in CDN colours?

Best regards, Terry Shelswell, MVPA 13957

vtdeucedriver

Does anyone else feel bad about there restoration when it took these guys 3 1/2 months do do a M135!!!!!!

13 yrs on a M37 here

Superdave

Just as a small update we installed the winch last week on the truck and it is now complete. The owner has put on about 5000 miles on it since the restoration and drives it quite often.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks