• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CDR Valve question

Pstyckiewicz

So I bought a CDR valve that matched the one that was crushed up in the bed of the truck. My question is the one I bought and the one that was crushed don’t appear to have a deep water fording nipple on top? I have a 2007 M1152A1 6.5 turbo. I did notice that the turbo model CDR valve feeds into the oil filler neck and air intake. There also was a deep water fording cup smashed up as well. Any thoughts on how they plumbed this thing would be greatly appreciated.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced the missing CDR valve on my 2007 M1151A1 with a non-fording CDR valve. I hooked up the hoses from the filler neck and air intake accordingly and left the vent line unattached. I zip tied the vent line up and out of the way and the truck has run just fine. I chose a non-fording CDR because I don't plan on sinking my truck into deep water.

Pstyckiewicz

Thanks for the info. I’m returning the non fording one. Do you know what hooks up to the air housing unit? There are two spots that appear to need hoses going to it. There is a hose adapter near the intake stack and one on the back side of the air filter housing unit next to the intake.
Thanks,

Pstyckiewicz

Anyone know where to get the rubber cap/plug for the air filter housing? Part number or something that would fit. I’ve been to home depot but all the rubber pipe caps that are 3inch are actually 3.5 inner diamete.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know where to get the rubber cap/plug for the air filter housing? Part number or something that would fit. I’ve been to home depot but all the rubber pipe caps that are 3inch are actually 3.5 inner diamete.
Eventually everyone is expected to download and start using the free TMs on this site, all your questions can be answered there, the folks here like to help but continuing to look up readily available information for someone else does get tiresome after a while.
Is this what you are talking about?

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been a long day, sorry.
I think you are talking about #28, it would be helpful if you posted a picture of the "air housing unit" for the other question.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks