• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CDR valve replacement - bracket modification.

Chaski

Hello--sorry for the question, but, what exactly does the CDR valve do?
Thanks
Tom Lovinggood
It is kind of like a PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve on a gasoline engine, just a way to manage engine blowby. They can fail to work as designed when they get full of crud.
Below is a pic of where it is on a CUCV.

IMG_4647.jpg

Chaski

.......good point, I purchased 3 .....
LOL. That should be a lifetime supply.

I had a perfectly good one on my pickup, but it looked like it came out of the engine room of the Titanic. In a used parts stash I got off craigslist there was a nice shiny one. Installed shiny one - filed the titanic one in the round can. Developed highway oil consumption as soon as I installed the shiny used one. That is when I bought a new one and slapped it on. Just drove 300 miles with no noticible oil loss so I'm calling it a win. That is what I get for trying to fix what isn't broken....

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL. That should be a lifetime supply.

I had a perfectly good one on my pickup, but it looked like it came out of the engine room of the Titanic. In a used parts stash I got off craigslist there was a nice shiny one. Installed shiny one - filed the titanic one in the round can. Developed highway oil consumption as soon as I installed the shiny used one. That is when I bought a new one and slapped it on. Just drove 300 miles with no noticible oil loss so I'm calling it a win. That is what I get for trying to fix what isn't broken....
......it is for a longer time.....LOL.
And maybe.......one day the one or another is in need.........
With a truck, 30 years +, that you drive daily it‘s better to have more maintainence parts in the barn than an oil, diesel and airfilter.
Many years ago I owned a 69 El Camino....... I learned, sometimes you have to purchase parts when they are available.......

Drock

......it is for a longer time.....LOL.
And maybe.......one day the one or another is in need.........
With a truck, 30 years +, that you drive daily it‘s better to have more maintainence parts in the barn than an oil, diesel and airfilter.
Many years ago I owned a 69 El Camino....... I learned, sometimes you have to purchase parts when they are available.......
My original one was looking pretty crusty so I bought 2 new ones. I just keep a clean one on the shelf, then swap it out as needed, cleaning the other out before putting it on the shelf so it can wait it's next turn. 2cents

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I buy replacement parts, needed or not, weekly. For not only the M1008A1, but all my vehicles.
Starter, alternator, fuel pump, CDR valves, filters, etc and lots of smaller, yet equally important parts.
A sizable investment that has already been beneficial.

Drives my wife crazy until I walk into shop and already have part on shelf for her truck and car.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Not only do you have the part on hand but saves you a trip into town, unless that is an excuse to escape the house.

Now if I could organize, or take more time to put boxes of nos parts in site instead of bigger boxes to go through. Now I try to mark, inventory box to minimize locate time.
Sometimes it is just quicker to go buy at parts store then spend time to locate unless I have some lead time before repair.

Simple stuff, feet of hose, different sizes, nuts, bolts, washers, grades, metals, on site save me a lot of time. Only time the wife see's that time saved is when it is on her Yukon, otherwise it is only extra money spent.

When the GM parts man says that their are only two, three left that can be found they are going to be in my order.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks