• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CDR Valves: turbo vs non-turbo?

kapnklug

Will the stock n/a CDR valve work on a turbo-ed 6.2, if I make a new bracket and reroute the plumbing? Or is the opening/closing pressure different?

acesneights1

AFAIK they are different. Use one of a 6.5 TD
I know the banks kit does not address it. I would "speculate" that the draw on the cdr is stronger with turbo vs N/A therefore it would seem reasonable that they would be different but I have never been able to find solid facts.

Last edited:

idM1028

I read a good article a while back about the installation of a Banks turbo kit on a 1009. IIRC, the CDR was not a problem/addressed. I don't think it would be that big of an issue since from what I've heard, the Banks kit will push 10PSI of boost if you're lucky.

TyJustice

My rear main seal failed several days after installing my turbo, but I just attributed it to age rather than pressure build up. Just a heads on something that may need to be changed once your turbo is in place.

spazstick

I read a good article a while back about the installation of a Banks turbo kit on a 1009. IIRC, the CDR was not a problem/addressed. I don't think it would be that big of an issue since from what I've heard, the Banks kit will push 10PSI of boost if you're lucky.

So does that mean that they left it off or just reused the org. cdr valve off of the 6.2l? I am in the middle of installing a 6.5l turbo on a 6.2 and overlooked what i needed to do with regards to the cdr valve. I have both cdr valves, one off of the 6.2 and one off of the 6.5l motor. trying to decide if i need to pull the intake again and change out the pass side valve cover to the 6.5 one or if i can simply replumb my orginal 6.2 cdr valve.

Thanks in advance for any info

spazstick

ok thanks TyJustice. I didnt get a banks kit, I am using 6.5 parts so i will have to get a hose that i can make attach to the air box before the turbo so that it will recirculate back into the motor. if this is incorrect please correct me.

that1028guy

If you look at where the na CDR valve goes into the intake, its between the air filter and the motor, So in your TID tubing after the air filter, Id install a tube you can plug the CDR output into. I have a OLD!! ATS turbo kit, and thats where they have a nipple, top side of the air cleaner box.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks