• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CDRV and fuel pump

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fuel pump can be had at just about any parts house. Ask for a a pump for a 1984 K30 J-Code engine. Around $20

NAPA - NFP M60281 - $19.99
Oreillys - HFP906 - $45

The CDRV is no longer made and was specific to the military. You can occasionally find them in the classifieds and on epay. $75+. A couple of years ago a SS member bought hundreds of them and sold them for $10 each. Unfortunately he has long sold out.

Last edited:

BIG_RED

:ditto:I dunked mine in a pail of warm soapy water, sloshed it around and couldn't believe how black the water turned. Then I sprayed alot of WD40 into both it's connections, and into that tiny little hole on the circular side of it. (if you clean it and maybe use a magnifying glass :p, you'll see what I mean) Then I put it back on and it worked fine. It's a pretty simple diaphragm regulator. Usually they get clogged up with crap and stick open. Then all it needs is a cleaning. Sometimes the diaphragm breaks. Then you're pregnant. (lol, just kidding.) Then you need a new CDR. To test your diaphragm without going through the trouble of putting it back on the truck, after you wash it in soapy water, put it to your mouth and blow in the tiny hole on the circular side. The hole is the atmospheric pressure "sensor". So if you blow in it and increase the pressure, it thinks there is a slight vacuum in the engine and it should close. When you blow in it hard, you should hear a soft click as it closes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks