• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cell Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

sierrajcharlie

A few years ago my family and I (wife, 3 kids) were rear ended in a city 90 miles from here. The traffic in front of me stopped and I slammed the brakes on. The van behind of me never hit the brakes and put her bumper just about to my back seat. I was taken to the hospital for a look see but we all were able to walk away. The other driver was on her cell phone at the time. She produced an insurance card but we found out later it was expired and she had no insurance. So, my insurance co. paid for the bills and went after her, 10 years now.
The other day wife and I are going to a town 90 miles away and meet a tractor w/a long line of cars behind it. A tractor/trailer whips into our lane. Long story short, I'm 1/2 in the ditch, semi gets back into his lane, goes by and asks if we're alright. We pull out of ditch and see a woman in a Caddy SUV talking on phone 1/2 on other shoulder. Truckers attention had been fixed on her before he went by us. I stop get her attention and inform her she's number 1. I KID YOU NOT, she holds her hands up in the classic way and mouths WHAT!!!

No matter what laws are passed, no matter what penalties are given, people will do STUPID things.

My wife's Grandpa used to say "You don't see to many old coons laying on the road that have been hit. It's usually the young ones. They didn't get to live long enough to get smart."

True, It's just too bad it has to be that way and hopefully with age does come wisdom. Sadly, with some it doesn't.

panshark

If the fish cops can take your gun and your truck for threatening those which are under their protection, why can't D.O.T. cops?

The Answer: The majority of the population doesn't care about hunting laws; those that do care are either sportsmen that obey the laws, or poachers. A law with large penalties for cell phone usage would be very unpopular, until a large portion of the population becomes adversely impacted.

stumps

My Sunday Sermon...

So....is the consenses here that we are obligated to kill ourselves in order to preserve the life of a moron?
You write nicely wreckerman, it is a shame that you don't read as well as you write.

I expect you to believe that in a civilized society you are your brother's keeper.
I expect you to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
I expect you to show the same mercy towards me and my family as you would expect me to show towards you and yours.

Even when they do something dumb.

People make mistakes. People do stupid things. People are slaves to their emotions.

Doing something dumb on the road in your presence shouldn't confer an automatic death sentence... even if it puts your life at risk.

I expect you to try to avoid collisions with people whether or not they piss you off.
I expect you to honor the promises you made when you were given the privilege of driving on our roads.
I expect you to be the smartest, safest driver on the road... or at least to try to be.

I don't expect you to kill yourself to save the odd moron, but there are times when you are driving that I might expect you to take that option over something less desirable... such as killing a bus load of people.

It is all part of what you implicitly agree to when you take a big truck onto the public roads... well, it is if you are a responsible, respectable person.

-Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks