• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

center console

a68cudas

Id like to put a center console in my 1009 can any of you guys share some thoughts, suggestions on what you have used or bought and any companies that make consoles for this style blazer.

Barrman

I needed a place to put the cooler heading to Boy Scout summer camp last Sunday. Coleman 62 qt wheeled cooler fit in there just right. 4 cup holders and an arm rest the same highth as the door arm rest. I left it in when we got back yesterday because it is so much more comfortable driving wth both arms held up for me.

Hogg

I bought one from a company called rampage products. It works very well for an armrest and for storage, but the cupholders are are a little shallow... All in all it's a good fit and serves it's purpose... Here's the link, it's made for a jeep but works in my M1009. I have pics in my album on my avatar

7. Ultimate Locking Center Console Black 1976-1995 Jeep CJ5, CJ7, CJ8 & Wrangler YJ # 31501
$79.99

blitzengine

I got the original GM console from a '80 suburban perfect fit, it is so big that you can fit a twelve pack of bottled beer and still have plenty off room left! It also includes two cup holders and is lockable with the door keys!

:beer:

salt6

Found this today while pulling a radio and dash for mine. I'm going the 20mm ammo can route for mine. $50 plus shipping, call

75 Auto Recycling & Sales
756 NE Washington Boulevard
Bartlesville, OK

918 766-0303
866 766-0303

Attachments

Barrman

blitzengine, how did you find a lock cylinder that works with the CUCV key? I tried my key in the junkyard console I got and it wouldn't even go in, much less work.

blitzengine

blitzengine, how did you find a lock cylinder that works with the CUCV key? I tried my key in the junkyard console I got and it wouldn't even go in, much less work.[/QUOTE

I got mine from a junk as well and my key would not go into the lock either because of the corrosion inside the lock tumbler. To make things easier for you should get WD40 or something similar and squirt some the inside lock then insert the key into the lock with the teeth facing the left side of the console (see picture) if not you may end up with a broken key. You will have to work the key in and out several times to free up the tumbler, it will take some time and patience. I want to let you know when you finally get your key into the lock you will not be able to lock it because the key is not coded for that lock, but don't loose hope there is a solution! Take the console to a locksmith and he can pop the lock (do not try to pop the lock yourself you will break it) and code the lock to work with your existing key . This is what I went trough to be able to lock my console using my existing key and it is cheaper than buying a new lock and carrying an extra key on your key ring. Hope this help.

:beer:

Attachments

Barrman

OK, getting it keyed for our keys is what I figured would have to happen. But, wanted to make sure that was what you did. I was going to try and find a glove box lock from a regular Chevy of that vintage and try to do the same with it. Two lockable areas would be nice.

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks