• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Center troop seat option

MitchG

Guys I finally got around to taking some pics of the fab job I did for running a set of center troop seats. I was kinda pressed for time when I built these (Christmas Parades) and didn't have the time or wherewithall to make up a set of brackets just as the book had them. I also didn't really want to drill a bunch of holes in the bed to mount them like the book says to either. The attached pics show what I came up with. I know it looks a little rough as I didn't have time to paint them. It also presents a slight tripping hazard at the rear but I thought for the ease of install and removal I could live with that for now. The pockets are basically 2"x3" box tubing mounted back to back with some half inch allthread and a couple of nuts holding them together and some scrap angle iron. The reason for the all thread is that I couldn't find any tubing that was wide enough for the seat brackets that was also thin enough to keep them from drooping forward when installed. The all thread and nuts at the top and the bottom take up pretty much all the slack out and the seats fit nice and snug. Not a lot of flopping around. The angle front and back hold them upright great as well. I thought I might have to put a longer pice in the middle as well but when I put the seats in and folded them down they are really solid. I stood on the outer edge of the seat bottoms to see if I would get any flex or shifting of the seats and had none.

Sorry about the novel there!! Also sorry about taking so long to get them uploaded. Just wanted to get them out there in case some one else wanted to use them for an upcoming parade or something. Look at it this way, you got plenty of time to get them ready for the upcoming Christmas parade season!!!! hahaha

Attachments

MitchG

Haha pretty fair sized one!!. I generally carry some of the folks from my Mom and Dad's church in the Christmas parades in the two small towns near where I live. My kids have a blast throwing candy to everyone!!

MitchG

Hey Dan those were what I had before!!! Although mine weren't as nice as yours!! I didn't have the backrests. Had to make sure everyone had someone else to sit back to back with!!! hahaha

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks