• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

centermount turbo ?? need some insight

85-m1028

I have a complete drivetrain from a 97 HMMWV actualy civy H-1, I was wondering about the clearances between the exhaust turbo downpipe and the firewall.

I know that it's been done on a m1028 and my project should be similar "75 gmc jimmy"

heres the pics of the m1028 http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=photoshare&func=showimages&fid=201

I sent atxm1028 a PM but it's been in my outbox since may 9, any help would be awesome!!

heres my engine out of a experimental military platform that why it has a "modified exhaust downpipe" I will get the factory piece as soon as I find one.

CCATLETT1984

the 77 jimmy's have the same engine compartment, I am not sure how different your 75 is from them.

Either way it will be a tight fit, but doable. You may have to section the firewall to clear the turbo and pipe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks