• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Centralia WA 4 July 2015 - Display and Parade

Amer-team

Hello Team,
Wanted to get this on your calendars. 4 July 2015 we will be doing a display at Borst Park, just of Exit 82 on Interstate 5 in Washington. There will be a display starting at 0800 to 1230, we will go to my house for lunch, then about 1430 we will head over to line up for the parade which starts at 1600.

Last year we had 12 vehicles and were the Grand Champions of the parade. We don't decorate much except for the occasional American flag, but we show up with good looking respectfully represented MV's. We have been the official ride of the local Rosie the Riveters for the last 4 years. We started with about 30 and last year were down to 3. We also loan vehicles to the local legion for the parade or give their veterans a ride.

We have been doing this event for about 15 years, hope to see you there. P

Amer-team

Come along. Keep an eye on this thread as it gets closer for any last minute changes, but we have been doing it for 12 or 15 years, so the schedule is pretty well set. P

Amer-team

No special theme and this is an open event, but it is the 70th anniversary of the end of WW2, so we hope to give that emphasis. Please let me know if you are attending for food planning purposes. We have been the signature chauffeurs for the Rosie the Riveters the last few years and I expect a few of them will turn out this year. We were down to 3 last year. Hope to see you all here. P

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
We'll be there with Biff again this year. We might even actually be on time to Borst Park this year, instead of late like last year.

Hopefully with our resident retired Air Force Captain in tow this time.

Can't wait to see everybody there again. It was a great time last year. +)

Amer-team

Will see you Saturday morning. The M38A1 started acting up on the way home from the airport Sunday and it does not want to run smoothly, so am working out those issues. Hopefully it will be under control by Saturday. The ambulance, 923, M715, and M54 are all doing fine and should be on track Saturday.

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
Pete, there will be three of us for sure in our M923, possibly four if we can get the Captain to come out in the heat. She's being somewhat recalcitrant about the whole thing, sadly. I need to rig up some kind of sunshade for the bed one of these days. But three of us are coming for sure. We're really excited! +)

What time does the parade actually start? I'm getting conflicting reports from different people.

Amer-team

There shouldn't be any conflicting info. Parade starts at 1600. It is still all the same timeline as the opening post. The only variability is when we actually go over for lineup. We will try to lineup by age of vehicle. So far it looks like five 5 tonners. and then some small vehicles.

Hope the Capt. can come out for this. There is shade at the park and am working on shade for my back yard.

See you tomorrow. If you want to bring the truck over and do a bit of detailing, we could work that in this evening. P

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
Sorry for the late reply. We had to make a last minute trip down to Portland this afternoon, didn't get back till just now. So no detailing or working on the truck for us. It'll have to make its appearance as-is. Thanks for the offer though.

Looks like the Captain doesn't want to turn out for being in the parade. Maybe get her to come out and watch, at least. We'll see.

See you in the morning! +)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks