• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Centralia, WA December 10, 2016 Lighted Tractor Parade

Amer-team

Hello Team,
Start dusting off your Christmas lights and inverters or generators for the Centralia, WA lighted Tractor Parade.
10 DEC 2016. This parade has grown and grown and as people become more accustomed to the event, their displays have become more elaborate.

This is one of the most attended parades in SW Washington. It is done after dark, so the lights really shine.

We would meet at my house about 1400 and get to work decorating everyone's vehicles, have a hamburger or hotdog and then head for parade lineup around 1600 to 1700 with parade start at 1800. There will be plenty of room, so bring your lights, and the family and enjoy an old time Christmas parade.

More to come as it gets closer. P

Amer-team

Wanted to kick this one back up. It is approaching fast. So far looks like about 6 rigs are showing up. Jump in and let me know. Thank you.

Amer-team

Any takers out there? So far looks like we are around 6 - 8 vehicles. See you Saturday. If you have questions, give me a call. Looks like weather is iffy, so dress accordingly. Peter 360 870 0706 We are registered under the name of Friends of Willie and Joe.

Amer-team

Centralia Lighted Tractor Parade 2016

AAR. We had 7 vehicles. It rained like the dickens during pre parade set up. We took the Judges Choice award for the parade. There were 3 WW2 jeeps, 1- WW2 1 1/2 ton Chev, 1- WW2 CCKW, M151, M923, and M923A1. Was a bit on the nippy side but everyone seemed to have a good time. Only casualty was my power converter. It made it about 3/4's of the way through the parade before it friend. Unfortunately the thermal breaker did not kick, so lights went out and I could smell electrical. Pulled over to the side and popped the battery box and it was still on and smoking. Kicked the clip off and finished the parade in the dark.

Attachments

Amer-team

When they started out a few years ago, there weren't that many entries. So the second year they asked if we could bring a military vehicle. We had one or two the first year. This year there were probably around 75 entries, our entry held 8 vehicles. It is fun to see how much more elaborate the displays have become. I have even considered getting a light controller setup, but will need to go with a generator for that. I have a big generator, but would like a small quiet one, but can't justify for once a year use.

In looking at our lighting, there is something reminiscent about seeing a WW2 jeep or CCKW, with a small unobtrusive set of lights, gliding through the night with quiet soldiers huddled from the cold.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks