• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Centralia WA, Freedom Fest July 4, 2013

Amer-team

Hello Team, if you would like to join in, we will put on an historical display at Borst Park, Exit 82 on Interstate 5, from 0800 to1300. Then off to my house for a barbecue lunch. About 1500 we will form up for the local parade, which starts at 1600.

All eras of vehicles are welcome for this event. Period dress or uniforms are encouraged for this event. In the past we have been asked to aid in giving rides to Rosie the Riveters and the American Legion. We have been doing this event now for about 15 years.

If you have a display that you would like to put out with us at the park, that would be great. Weapons are okay, but no live ammo please. Peter L.

Amer-team

Wanted to get this one bumped back up. We have been doing this event for about 12 to 14 years and it is always well received by the community. We usually get about 8 to 12 vehicles, but there is no limit. Just let me know so we can plan for food. Thank you, P.

REDROCKET

I'm still waiting on the planned itinerary for the 4th. I hope to be a part of this again this year. Last year was a lot of fun for sure. I couldn't get over all the people!!!!!! WOW! And getting yelled at by a motorcycle cop for throwing candy ... PRICELESS!!

As soon as I know I'll let you know!! Hope to find out today.

REDROCKET

I can't make the 4th. :cry:

The husband is hauling me over to his aunt & uncle's house that day. And I wasn't able to get the 5th off so I can't pull double duty (parade AND family function). CRAP CAKES!!!! Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REDROCKET

See ... now "I" think that sounds like a GREAT idea!!!!!!!!!!!!! So if "I" think it's a great idea ... then it will probably go over like a fart in chruch w/the rest of the planning committee. *blank look*

If, for some reason, that event ends up getting eighty-sixed ... I'll call you.

Amer-team

Sorry you have to work on the 4th. it is shaping up, so far looks like about 8 to 12 vehicles. Depending on what, who has operating that day. Peter

scopionf89

on that note my M35a2 is now fully operashional agin. I replaced the fule gaged and the oil presher gage and she is now 110% ready for any thing. the extra 10% is for a new up grade I just installed. I just put in a windsheld washer pump and sprayer. I had the kit for a few years i just finaly gave up on the instrutions and the manuls and used comonsence to install it.

Amer-team

Mine M54 may be needing an oil pressure gauge as well. The needle moves up in a jerky fashion, will pull the connectors off and check for good contact.

Instructions, we don't need no stinkin instuctions! Good job.

scopionf89

I your M54's oil gauge is not reading right but your engine temps are what they should be its probably your gauge. Boyce told me that the oil pumps don't go out very often on M35's, the gauges do. I would think that because a M54 has so much in common with a m35a2 it would be applicable to your truck as well. One other thing I noted when I change my gauges was when I had my instrument panel away from the dash none of my electric based instruments worked. As soon as I would touch the panel to the dash all the gauges would spring to life. This leads me to conclude that the instrument panel is grounded to the dash. So if all of your other electric gauges are working as they should its a safe bet that its time to replace your oil gauge.

Last edited:

Amer-team

The parade is usally done about 1700. Some people are meeting at my house at 0730 if you would like to do that. They are dropping their civy cars and will ride over in MV's, will be to the park at 0800 or before, eat breakfast there, set up and be on display till 1230 and head for the house for lunch. Hmmm, food seems to be a prevalent theme in this mission.

See you in the morn.

jbongi

Hello, My name is Joe. My wife and I are going to join you at the park. I will be bringing a 1986 M925. We are pretty new here and you guys have provided so much information to make this hobby possible. It will be great to meet you all in person. Sorry for the short notice. I will be happy to give anyone a ride who needs it at the parade. I have lots of room. I will be at the park at 08:00 See you in the morning!

Amer-team

Hello Joe, glad to have you. Traffic in the park is a bit tricky as they have a fun run going on and have the main road gated. Drive straight in the main entrance, 100 yard or so in the park, there will most likely be a gate across the road, pull to that gate and if no one is there, check to see if unlocked, if not wait and me or someone will be there soon to let you in. You will go through the gate, down a small hill and you will see MV's. Not sure how they will have it set up, but we will get you in. See you in the morning. Peter

jbongi

Got a quick question. As we are kind of new at this, I do not have period dress at this time. Will be arriving in my civy cloths. Is this a problem? Don't want to make you guys look bad at my first meet.....Joe

Amer-team

Bring the Green iron, we will work on the rest. This is a "Friends of Willie and Joe" event. But there will be all eras of vehicles from WW2 this way, a few displays, and some people in period uniforms. As it will be warm, I am not too inclined to the WW2 wool field gear. Bottom line, come as you are and see and learn what you would like to do and how you would like to pursue this hobby. People enjoy looking at the stuff, whether it is weapons, uniforms, or vehicles. See you in the morning. P