• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Centralia, WA Summerfest July 4, 2014

Amer-team

We will be doing a display in Borst Park, right off exit 82, on I-5. Would like everyone in place by 0800 if possible.
This is an all eras event so bring your green machine. We will stay there till about 1230 and then head for my house for lunch. at 1500 we will go line up for the parade. We have been the unofficial carriers of the Rosie the Riveters of WW2 fame for the last several years. If anyone would like to give a Rosie or a veteran a ride, we would be happy to have you do that.
If you have any questions about this event, please chime in or PM me. We have been doing this event for better than 12 years now and the organizers told me a couple years ago to plan on being a standing part of this event.
Military displays gear, and period uniforms are encouraged.

Amer-team

Anyone coming out for the 4th? Through our military history group, have about 8 vehicles so far.

There is also a parade in Winlock on Saturday June 28. I got a reservation, so far only 3 vehicles.

There is a parade in Oakville, WA on July 5 if anyone would be interested. I might go if there is someone to tag along with. P

Amer-team

Joe, Dianna, and Mac, glad to have you along. See you Friday morning.
Been working on rigs and while inspecting and cleaning the M1102 trailer, noticed the protective sheath on the cable seemed to be sliding down. It appears that it split where it goes into the coupling and all the pins came out of the holes. I think there is a thread on here somewhere that explains that wiring sequence, but they could have at least color coded the wires. Drat.
Other than that, all seems to be well.

Amer-team

T minus 10 hours or so and counting. There is still room for more vehicles or folks if you want to come out and talk about green and tan machines. Looks like up to 5 - 5 tons, half a dozen WW2 jeeps, M715, and maybe a deuce. See you in the morning. P