CH-53E HMH 772

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Woot woot!!! I’m in heaven! My old squadron dropped by the local airport. Haven’t seen these guys in decades. One thing never changes: if it ain’t leaking, there ain’t any oil left. Pics:

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is one grubby bird!
Back in the day, our Delta models got pretty dirty but they were dark green so it didn't show as much (HMH-462) .

The only thing capable of replacing the CH-53D was another CH-53, the Echo. And the only thing they could come up with to replace that one is yet another CH-53, the Kilo. :) They just keep getting stronger.

Cheers

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is one grubby bird!
Back in the day, our Delta models got pretty dirty but they were dark green so it didn't show as much (HMH-462) .

The only thing capable of replacing the CH-53D was another CH-53, the Echo. And the only thing they could come up with to replace that one is yet another CH-53, the Kilo. :) They just keep getting stronger.

Cheers
Back in my day, we still had the A model. Big pain in the tookus but I learned how to be a mechanic and I had the best teachers in the world. My bird was 487.B5E4793B-FC16-4BBF-ACB6-8FC0C9058BBA.jpeg48D387D5-E0EE-416D-89F1-9F0E675C5A27.jpeg2523686B-B15C-46F3-B029-81685D598E1B.jpeg90E36341-8673-4A2C-B7C2-3E2CA78C337A.jpeg

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice! What boat?
That picture in formation looks like Bridgeport?
(Definition of helicopters flying formation - two going the same direction on the same day)

Cheers

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice! What boat?
That picture in formation looks like Bridgeport?
(Definition of helicopters flying formation - two going the same direction on the same day)

Cheers
Not sure what ship it was. I think it was the Inchon but I’ll have to ask one of my friends who went on the trip. The first two were taken in 1986, 6+/- months after I left the Marine Corps and three months after I joined the Air Force. I would have been on that trip if I’d re-enlisted. The third was taken somewhere out towards Bridgeport. I might have been on that trip. And the last picture was taken several years after I left. I pretty sure it was around the same time as Desert Shield/Desert Storm. I’ve got pictures of me and my bird, MS 487 somewhere. I’ve got hundreds of pictures to go through before I’ll find them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks