• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CH42 glow plugs

rustystud

003.jpg004.jpg006.jpg

I saw this post a few days ago and decided I would buy some just to see if they really where the correct ones. Well they are ! They are 7/16 NF thread and just to be sure I ran a Die nut down one and then took an old one out of my MEP-002A and it fits ! So for $5.40 each that is a screaming deal ! Needless to say I bought another 10 tonight.
Kudos to you "Khmill2000" !!!

Last edited:

rustystud

I keep forgetting to pre heat my 803 and it fires up perfect. At what temperature does pre heat begin to be a good idea?
I find if the temperature goes below 60 degrees F. my MEP-002A and MEP-003A need the glow plugs. They will start without it but they smoke a lot. Now my MEP-531 can start fine at 30 degrees without any help from the preheater.

Last edited:

Isaac-1

My Onan powered MEP-701a is the same way, I have managed to get it to start with no pre-heating with it cold soaked over night at temperatures down to about 26F, by contrast my MEP-002a does not like starting without preheating when it is much below 60F.

Triple Jim

I know that at least the 002A and 003A run the glow plugs during cranking, so even if it seems like it's starting without them on warm days, it might not be. My 003A fires almost immediately if I run the glow plugs for 15 or 20 seconds on an 80 degree day, but takes some cranking if I don't.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How often do these glow plugs go bad though? My MEP-002A starts up ok now. I wouldn't mind two of them for $12 bucks, but to buy 10, seems like a lot for something I don't need that much of. Spare parts are good to have.

ted50

Hi, I have just purchased an Mep803A and have been trying to locate glow plugs. I have only been able to find information on 002 and 003 glow plug on this site. Will the CH42 glow plugs fit an 803? Thanks

rustystud

How often do these glow plugs go bad though? My MEP-002A starts up ok now. I wouldn't mind two of them for $12 bucks, but to buy 10, seems like a lot for something I don't need that much of. Spare parts are good to have.
In the last 4 years I replaced 2 glow plugs. My MEP-002A gets run about 24 hours every month so basically 100 hours a year. So two glow plugs in 400 hours use. That's my usage, yours will of course very.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks