• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Change CUCV Heater core AND radiator?

Whit

Folks:

I believe I will need to change the radiator soon on my M1009 as it is moderately crudded up on the inside. Should I do the heater core as well?

My fear is if I only do the radiator I worry about crud from the old heater core floating around and infecting the radiator. Thoughts?

Whit

hole

Have you tried flushing the whole system yet? You can do it at home or take it to a shop to be done. Probably alot cheaper than all new.

dstang97

I would talk to some pros on this. They can acid wash everything or may have better chemicals than what you can get.

rlwm211

Definitely worth getting things flushed if the outsides are not all corroded.

The heater core is a pain to change but not impossible.

It is easy to start changing parts and some are better to change than others, but if you have a local radiator shop you trust have them flush it all and see how things work out.

Hope this helps.
RL

Holitik

Installing AC and decided it was a good time to have my leaking radiator repaired. I took it out to the local radiator shop and it turns out they used to have the CUCV supply contract. They had 4 new in box CUCV specific radiators in the warehouse for $300. They now have 3 but I thought I would pass along the info in case anyone is in need.

Southwest Radiator
4201 Baseline RD
Little Rock, AR 72209

800-345-6490 info@southwestradiator.com

mtn man

I had leaking radiator... actually it more like a pour than a leak... I picked up a 4 core radiator at parts store (no not cheap, but after I got them to match a big chain store it was only a little over $300)... when I installed I used water hose to 'flush' the core and then blew all the water out of it. Truck was fresh off of storage for sometime and the water was cruddy at 1st. When I picked up new radiator the guy at NAPA wanted to see it since the box was HUGE and he couldn't imagine that radiator in a regular truck, he was afradi they had shipped wrong part... it was in a box that was old, but the radiator was new... made nearly 20 years ago though! That was over 6 months ago and haven't had any cooling problems since. I put new hoses and therm in at same time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks