• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

change user name

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never done it, but I'd suggest trying this....

1. Create new account with a well-thought-out (permanently acceptable) user name.

2. Stop using the old account.

3. See if there's a way to CANCEL the old account.

OR...

Contact the website Owner/Moderators for authoritve instructions. :mrgreen:

I'm not going to ask WHY you need to change your name.... Good luck with your new identity !

Attachments

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never done it, but I'd suggest trying this....

1. Create new account with a well-thought-out (permanently acceptable) user name.

2. Stop using the old account.

3. See if there's a way to CANCEL the old account.

OR...

Contact the website Owner/Moderators for authoritve instructions. :mrgreen:

I'm not going to ask WHY you need to change your name.... Good luck with your new identity !
Don't do suggestion #1 it is a violation of site rules to have more than one account.

Contact mangus580 he is the site adimistrator with your needs.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Porky is correct.

Multiple user accounts are against the rules.

Users and moderators do not have the ability to change usernames. Only administrators (steelsoldiers and mangus580).

PM Mangus580.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I OFFICALLY withdraw Suggestion #1, which means that Suggestion #2 is fairly WORTHLESS, as is Suggestion #3 with the abandonment of #1 & #2.... So..... Just cantact the Admin, and I'll shut up and crawl back under my rock - - - LOL - - - that's the second time this morning that I'm headed back under the rock. <sigh>

We need a "remorseful" smiley!

ODDBALL007

do what i did. change names and when they catch it that u have two accounts they will ask u which one to delete and they will. I emailed to have my name change and results so i did it on my own:beer:

KsM715

do what i did. change names and when they catch it that u have two accounts they will ask u which one to delete and they will. I emailed to have my name change and results so i did it on my own:beer:

You got away with it and thats fine, but I dont think this is a good idea. There are many newbies with newbie names and that was their choice when they signed up. Otherwise we're going to have a bunch of guys wanting to change names and then complaining they cant post ads and other members asking "what happened to so-and-so.

You chose the name, live with it.

ODDBALL007

You got away with it and thats fine, but I dont think this is a good idea. There are many newbies with newbie names and that was their choice when they signed up. Otherwise we're going to have a bunch of guys wanting to change names and then complaining they cant post ads and other members asking "what happened to so-and-so.

You chose the name, live with it.
i cant post an ad for another 29 post