• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changed fuel filter now truck won't start??

kcbbqguru

I changed out the fuel filter, and now my m 1009 won't start. Is the water in fuel sensor not allowing the starter to turn over? thanks (go 49ners!)

stationjj

A few months ago I had to replace my spin on fuel filter. I had to loosen all 8 injector lines and crank the engine until fuel came seeping out.

I have heard that an electric fuel lift pumps helps speed this up? My CUCV came with an electric lift pumps so I didn't have any major issues.

Good Luck,

stationjj

wayne pick

A few months ago I had to replace my spin on fuel filter. I had to loosen all 8 injector lines and crank the engine until fuel came seeping out.

I have heard that an electric fuel lift pumps helps speed this up? My CUCV came with an electric lift pumps so I didn't have any major issues.

Good Luck,

stationjj
I replaced my spin on last month. I filled the filter to almost overflowing, and pinched the in and out fuel lines with needle nose pliers wraped in electrical tape before removing the old filter. This helps to keep the fuel from siphoning back to the tank. It fired right up with no bleeding/wrench throwing,LOL. Try it next time.:driver:

Skinny

Does your filter assembly have a bleed screw?

You shouldn't have to take your injector lines off to do this. If you remove the pink wire from the IP, none of those lines will have air infiltration. Basically just open the filter assembly bleed, activate the lift pump till it's bled, close the bleed screw, activate the lift pump for another 10-20 seconds to push remaining air through the IP back to the tank, done. Reconnect pink wire and fire it up.

My primary has a manual primer pump, I was able to bleed my system without even opening up bleed screws. I just pumped until most of the air bubbles disappeared on my translucent return line. Never attempt to start the engine with the IP hooked up if air is in the system.

DXTAC

That's why I decided to go with a spin-on filter and an electric pump. Change the filter, flip the fuel pump switch, the system primes and starts immediately. Cost about $100 give or take. Haven't had a single issue with this setup.

:beer:

wayne pick

$100.00 is a small investment as apposed to what could be hours of agrivation. There are purists here that simply refuse to do this, or the doghead mod. I can't get my head around that kind of thinking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks