• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

changes in M35 cabs over the years?

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
have there been any significant changes in the deuce cabs over the years?
anyone have experience removing/replacing a cab?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cab swaps are fairly straighforward. Newer cabs accommodate all the older stuff and a few newer things too. Things that come to mind is the captured nuts for the spring seat and multifuel air cleaner mount are not on the older gasser cabs. Other than that, not too much difference in cabs. Multifuel fanders are different than gassers. More engine room with the MF fenders. I've seen gassers with MF fenders and vice versa so no big deal. Either way everything interchanges in one form or another.

Armada

I have a rust free cab I'm going to sell if anyone needs one. It's all stripped down and I just need to remove it from the chassis yet. Ken is right, it looks pretty straight foreward as far as removing it.

Low-Tech-Redneck

Can't belive I didn't think of that, when we were looking at GL deuces, there are TONS that are missing major components (axles/engines) that nobody would want, and I never thought the cab would be somthing worth salvaging.

You could probably get one pretty cheap barefoot that still has all it's stuff, the cab on yours looked pretty rotten in those pictures, I can't imagine the rust and dead plant/animal matter it must be caked with.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Armada, let me be the first to speak up here. If you're scrapping that truck, will you be selling the front frame extensions where the winch was? If so, put me on the top of the list. BTW, just chop off that frame for the M109 trailer conversion. I might be able to scrape together enough stufff to put functioning brakes on one axle.
Kenny

Armada

Ken, I'll keep you in mind, but I'm hanging on to them for now. It also came with the winch, cable, winch brackets, pto shaft, and all shift linkage. THe trans was gone so no PTO, but that's all that is needed to completely convert a w/o w truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks