• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changes to NC Titling/Registration Laws

Demarrcus

I registered/titled my m1165 in Raleigh, NC a couple of weeks ago. I didn't need an inspector. I walked into the DMV with my sf97, a bill of sale from govplanet and an MVR-622 form (affidavit for working seatbelts and lighting), and walked out 20 minutes later with a normal, on-road title. This is the 2nd humvee I've registered here in the exact same way. No issues whatsoever either time.
Which DMV office in Raleigh did you happen to go to?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Which DMV office in Raleigh did you happen to go to?
Just don't be disappointed when the NCDMV sends you a letter demanding that they plan to inspect your vehicle. As much as a year after you got a tag. If you ignore their letter, they mail the original title (from who your bought it from). Then you have to go through their inspection process and explain why you didn't jump at their Beck and Call when you appear at the DMV Office...

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tag & Title on Buck Jones Rd

EDITED:
I always pay the $100 for the instant title option so I walk out same day w/ title in hand.
I'm planning on heading there after vacation for mine. Any limitations or anything to know with them?

Timberlake

I'm planning on heading there after vacation for mine. Any limitations or anything to know with them?

Bikeman,

I am planning on heading there this week. How did yours turn out? I just set up my insurance so I am hoping to go the instant title get the tag in the same day. I live in Middlesex but worth the drive if it saves me a headache

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bikeman,

I am planning on heading there this week. How did yours turn out? I just set up my insurance so I am hoping to go the instant title get the tag in the same day. I live in Middlesex but worth the drive if it saves me a headache
Plan didn't survive first contact. I haven't made time since.

Timberlake

An update on my registration process here in NC. It took me two trips but I get it done! The two trips were my fault. Could have done it all in one if I had my insurance finalized. I went the first time cause I was near the Buck Jone office and had the time. I didn’t realize that if you don’t have insurance set up they will only do the Title. What happens is when you go to get a license plate for the HMMWV you have to have a safety inspection. When you do it all at one time the safety inspection is waved for a year. Because of the new sale. This is according to the License plate office lady.
So the Buck Jones office in Cary is the place to go. Not all the employees know what to do with a SF97 but there are 2 or 3 that do. Just have your sf97. The signed and notarized affidavit. Bill of sale. NCDL. Insurance. And a way to pay. Also you will nee d $7 cash for the title notary.
Good luck y’all!

11DG

Hi, would like to verify, if I'm understanding the forums date stamp correctly, you did all that just this week. I'm about to buy a HMMWV and start jumping these hoops. I'm hoping to be able to drive my truck home for Christmas. Any help on this front is appreciated. But I'm off again to read more threads about this.

Timberlake

Hi, would like to verify, if I'm understanding the forums date stamp correctly, you did all that just this week. I'm about to buy a HMMWV and start jumping these hoops. I'm hoping to be able to drive my truck home for Christmas. Any help on this front is appreciated. But I'm off again to read more threads about this.
Yes. Did it last Friday. It’s really not a lot of hoops. The SF97 I’d take a long time to get from Gov Planet though. Good luck.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you buy a truck from a "dealer" it should be a different process than getting a truck from GP and waiting on an SF-97

11DG

Cool, iv got the affidavit, waiting on bill of sale and SF97. All I need is proof of insurance, time to go car insurance shopping.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, I did Tag & Title on Buck Jones Friday. Super simple. I had the GP documentation, but needed the invoice. I was able to pull it from GP's site after a couple tries and emailed it to the wonderful worker. And done. Since I'm NOT going for a plate right now, I didn't do insurance or anything. I'll save that until it is running.

While she was waiting for me to do that, I had her re-arrange all my vehicle registrations. I currently have six vehicles/motorcycles with plates, three of which require inspection, and were spread out over 5 different months. She adjusted 4 of the registrations to September, where I had two residing, so now all my registrations are due in September. Even printed out new registration stickers for the 4 that moved. Ideally this means I take one day for all my inspections, and then renew all 6 at once. a hit to the pocket book, but better (IMO) than paying late fees and a number of transaction fees since I renew digitally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks