• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing Brake Pads On M1123

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this the front of the truck? I've not done a pad swap there yet but I seem to remember that I did encounter something that looked it would be more difficult to get around. Sorry I can't be of better help there.

On the back it was just remove the fluid line, unbolt the calipers, and maybe unbolt the half shaft and it all just came down.. (Note thats the order I did it in, cause I'm stupid and forgot to unbolt the half shaft first.). Putting it back up was pretty simple, except for the fluid line, I struggled with that for a good hour to get the threads lined up.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bolts get lock washers (nord lock seem to be the most commonly recommended type) and medium strength locktite.
It's also recommended that you use new bolts, as the torque spec is over the recommended torque for that size/grade of bolt, making them single use (it's not that far over, so you can get away with a few uses probably, but it's cheap insurance)

Or you can spend way too much money and buy the halfshaft locking bolt sets. I bought them back when they were only $50 a set, and a couple of them I've had apart 3 times already.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks