• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

changing front rotors

sht2kll

Howdy all: Now that the TM's are temporarily unavailable, I have a question. I am changing the front rotors on my M1008. I was wondering if anybody can tell me if there is a special socket I need when I dig into the hubs? I would like to make sure I have all the tools before start this project, as I will not have transportation while this is down. Any help you can give would be appreciated. Tom

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
its the same socket as most 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks with 4 prongs on the socket around $20.00 at the parts store, $15 to $20 for the manual . the snap ring on the inside of the hub can suck getting out

i don't know how to do a link, so do a adavanced search for "Rickyman355" go to the thread "tire stuck" its a good step by step thread with alot of pictures

Last edited:

Stihl029

don't forget the brass/bronze/lead/nonmaring drift punches and or hammer i also like to hit them with a 4lbs hammer. you might want to get replacement studs while your at it if they are orginal too since you will be driving them out.

Oh and tech info is also on Pirate:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PDFs/

they refference the cucv manuals from time to time

Last edited: