• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

changing gauges

BenRoberts

Certified insane
Im installing a new engine temp gauge and im wondering dash panel has to come out to do so? Also when changing out the washer fluid valve does the knob come off and then it gets pushed through the dash?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The knob yes it goes inside the dash panel... On your gauge just remove the 8 or 10 screws i forgot how many across the dash around your gauge panel and cable pulls. They may be easy or tough to get out. Dash will come out enough to get your hand behind it. Wiggle it out. Your gauge will come out thru the front. Remember 27 wire goes on the drivers side of the gauge 33 on the passengers side.. Both of the hold down nuts are 3/8 socket size. Also before you pull your gauge if its "not working" and you have changed your coolant temp sensor up on the intake run a wire from a good ground to the base of the sensor fitting to ensure its grounded well. It sometimes is the reason the gauge doesn't work.

Last edited:

BenRoberts

Certified insane
The gauge works just very cloudy and if it twist one direction or the other the needle will be at 200 even after it sat for days. can bump it a bit and its normal so I dont trust it

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ah ok. Yea it is pretty easy. Shouldnt take but 5 mins to do it. May want to have one of those speed out things in case the screws do round out.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

infidel got me

I replaced my primary air gauge last week and you need 12 year old little kids hands to get in behind that panel! lol Don't get to mad, I did it with my big meat hooks but I would have made a few sailors blush with what I was saying.

MiseryMachinery

if you take the heater and fresh air controls loose under the dash and under the hood(it's easy just follow the cables) you can get the dash panel out further and not mess your hands near as bad.

sed6

Also, removing the battery and start switches from the dash make it a lot easier to maneuver the panel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks