• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing hoses

JRBAMATEX

I am working on changing all the belts and hoses on the Deuce and replacing all the hose clamps with T-Bolt hose clamps. That said I need to know if any of you have a better way to get the hose between these two pieces without taking off the valve covers. I have the new valve cover gaskets on order but was just curious. It seems to me that you just have to take the covers off in order to get the water jackets back on based on how close the necks are between the parts.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No need to take the VCs off. Just use a razor blade on the old hoses..they get real hard and don't like to flex..and pull up on the rails. They will come right up. Be sure to clean the corrosion off of both the rails and the manifold connections. Use a little bit of grease or lube..WD40 or = , on the hoses, slide them on the manifold, then they'll slide right back over the rail connections when you get them where you need them to be.Put ther gaskets back under the rail after you get everything slipped back together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks