• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing oils to modern

longgunreaper

ive found a M54A2, thinking of bringing it home doing my homework. I'm a diesel engine tech by trade and "thinking" the 80/90 gear oil is outdated, I actually believe theres no place for it in this day and age. I would convert the truck to 75/90 synthetic, the tranny to syn. 50W,has anyone done it? any problems?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the great things on this site is the search function.

Just think, over 10 years of thousands of peoples experience, in one place!

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was going to write that thought but mine was not as thoughtful as yours.
Had already posted, as many others have posted, all the ins and outs of different lube liquids and solids with charts and specifications, pluses and negatives, facts and fallacies.
Did not want to take the time to do it again.

One of the great things on this site is the search function.
Just think, over 10 years of thousands of peoples experience, in one place!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks