• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing soft top, canvas color.

greenjeepster

My hmmwv had a tan top and camo cargo cover. I wanted them to sort of match so I changed the color of the tan top to green. Pretty simple to do and with a little practice you can make it look pretty decent. Ideally I would have removed the canvas prior to painting, but I just sprayed in place. The paint I used was Krylon Colormaster paint and primer. You can buy vinyl specific paint at the autoparts store, but I think krylon works just as well and can look just as good at 1/3rd the cost. Total cost to paint the top was 12 bucks.hmmwv top.jpgtan top.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks