• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Charging help needed

i opened the cover to my regulator Today to try to figure out my charging issues.. The 2 ends ( look like points) would move if i tapped them lightly. The middle one never did anything. There was spark off and on the 2 end ones. I got this wet 2 weeks ago with a water hose in it hasn't charged since.Im not good at electrical at all. The belt on the generator is new and not slipping this is the original 24 volt system. The regulator was very dry and clean inside... I shut it off and now it won't start.Turns over fine.. When it rains it pours.:sad:.. Also any help with searching for past post that may have helped me would be good ... Sorry i don't know where to search..

Attachments

It is running now... Mabey had a vapor lock or something... I will buy a solid state regulator from vintage power wagons... If that isnt it i will buy a new generator.... If that isnt it i will cut out all the 24 volt crap and run a 1 wire gm and swap every thing to 12... So its a little more simple..( for me anyway )

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Repairing those regulators is a lost art. I would carefully inspect the Cannon connectors going into the regulator from the chassis harness, look for damaged or corroded wires/connections. You are on the right track going to the solid state regulator, that will most likely fix the problem. That is one nice M37 you are working on there.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can purchase a 24 Volt one wire alternator and not have to do much to the original system .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks