• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

charging problems with the m1009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Kahle

Okay can't seem to get my charging system fixed. Heres the story at first the gen lights went out both when the truck was on and it didn't charge well. The volt meter was in the yellow and I didn't like that. Then out of all the sudden gen 2 light came on when driving the truck so I took the alternator off and took it apart and found the wire in it melted so I replaced it and then both came on after that.:???:

scottladdy

Hi Matt,

Start by spending some time reading the -20 TM. Section III Troubleshooting. They start with electrical troubleshooting. Then, you can start looking at section 2-59 on page 108.

This will make it a lot easier for us to assist you.

Get a decent quality multi-meter as well if you don't already have one.

Best regards ...

Matt Kahle

Okay I will read them but first I think I have a bigger problem I have posted this in other posts and no one seems to respond about it. I reversed the wires on gen 2 alternator putting it back on after I rebuilt it smoke came out of it. Which electric parts inside the alternator are likely to brake when I did that? I think thats my hole problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.