• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Charging system

Ddk2001

33v - 38v is too high. Bad things can happen if you continue to over charge batteries.
It may have no effext on the 28v output, but the 14v tap should be grounded if not being used. Run a wire from it to one of the four regulator mounting bolts and check the volts at battery again.
The 14v post does not get grounded on that setup. I had the same question with the N3135 and N1225-1 setup - here is the installation diagram: http://www.ceniehoff.com/Documents/Ctrl_Hyperlink/II0028D_uid121020091201492.pdf

pay attention to the notes - when used with the N1225-1, the alternator phase cable is attached as shown in Manvstaco's pictures. Don't ground the 14v post.

you won't see 14v on that post unless there's a load on it.

gestut

Your regulator is shot....your going to blow up your batteries if you keep running it at that voltage.
27.5 is where you should be.....it's not adjustable on the 100/200amp.
I am seeing a similar problem , my gauge is still in green but at the edge of green, I am reading 29.2 v when idle , i see 14.2 v on one battery and 15.01 on the other , is that too high ? I just installed 2 new 6 TL batteries as the one of the battery that was getting 15 v got fried, (they were regular deka batteries) , is my regulator gone bad?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am seeing a similar problem , my gauge is still in green but at the edge of green, I am reading 29.2 v when idle , i see 14.2 v on one battery and 15.01 on the other , is that too high ? I just installed 2 new 6 TL batteries as the one of the battery that was getting 15 v got fried, (they were regular deka batteries) , is my regulator gone bad?
if it's the 60 amp then adjust down your regulator to the proper voltage, and then recheck the batteries. If 100/200, then you likely need a new regulator.

Do you have any 12V accessories tied to the batteries?

Also, the forward battery tends to get more voltage than the rearward battery. Rotating the battery's positions every month can help them survive longer with the voltage imbalance.

You can also install a battery charge balancer. Whenever one battery is at a higher voltage than the other it will apply a load to the higher battery to help everything equalize.

gestut

if it's the 60 amp then adjust down your regulator to the proper voltage, and then recheck the batteries. If 100/200, then you likely need a new regulator.

Do you have any 12V accessories tied to the batteries?

Also, the forward battery tends to get more voltage than the rearward battery. Rotating the battery's positions every month can help them survive longer with the voltage imbalance.

You can also install a battery charge balancer. Whenever one battery is at a higher voltage than the other it will apply a load to the higher battery to help everything equalize.
Yeah its a 200 amp generator. So my regulator is bad? I read somewhere that the range is 26 to 30v? on the rear battery there are additional 2 cables connected assuming for 12v charger, and the front one none (which is getting 15 v)

Last edited:

mechanicjim

check which battery is getting the 15V is it the upper or lower? upper is the one the 24V B+ cable goes to vehicle and its B- is connected to the lowers B+, the lower is the one whose B- is connected to chassis ground.
if the lower one is 15V then swap the batteries around so it becomes the upper, then test voltage output from the Alt at the 28V and 14V studs.

gestut

check which battery is getting the 15V is it the upper or lower? upper is the one the 24V B+ cable goes to vehicle and its B- is connected to the lowers B+, the lower is the one whose B- is connected to chassis ground.
if the lower one is 15V then swap the batteries around so it becomes the upper, then test voltage output from the Alt at the 28V and 14V studs.
Its the upper/front getting 15v. Total voltage at b+ and b- is 29.3 v and at alt output . I noticed on initial start both batteries get equal voltage around 14.4v then slowly front battery creeps to 15v.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks