• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Charlie's Deuce Thread

Charlie175

I guess I need to look at the starter relay terminal A as the power to the heater switch feeds from that line. Unless the circuit breaker tripped on that line.
I have power to the solenoid but didn't check the relay.

Charlie175

So oddly I have 24v up to the panel and to the heater switch. If I activate the low/hi on the heater switch then all voltage drops off.
Started pulling off the dash to see if I can find anything but maybe the issues isn't there.

Charlie175

Pulled dash, didn't see anything obvious. I think the spark was from what looks to be a old chewed on section of the Oil pressure wire. It was slightly bare. Taped it up.
Cleaned all connections again from battery forward and I have power again. Oddly none of the connections were corroded, only a slight haze. I guess it was enough to not get full supply of volts.
Drove it around the road and all performed as OK. My son and his dog rode with me and the dog was not a fan of the turbo.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Pulled dash, didn't see anything obvious. I think the spark was from what looks to be a old chewed on section of the Oil pressure wire. It was slightly bare. Taped it up.
Cleaned all connections again from battery forward and I have power again. Oddly none of the connections were corroded, only a slight haze. I guess it was enough to not get full supply of volts.
Drove it around the road and all performed as OK. My son and his dog rode with me and the dog was not a fan of the turbo.
Never thought about that and a dog.
Guess you must have a whistler?

Charlie175

Took old Red out for a snow spin today. We had a few inches with a crust of ice over the weekend. Stayed off the treated roads.
It was 29 out, after 2 cranks I tried the flame starting aid and it fired right up. Proceeded to play in my cluttered back yard for a while.

Charlie175

Blue *ss cold this weekend so I fired up the shop heater and worked on my bed sides, getting the stakes out of them. Both sides the stake pockets were rusted bad on the rear pocket and the front pocket was starting to get that way. Lots of chipping and soaking to get them out. I will need to metal form new pockets to replace the eaten out parts.

Charlie175

Added a digital EGT today. Doesn't take much to get it hot! FDC is bypassed but I have messed with any fuel settings. Looks like I need to back off on the fuel.

Right rear of the engine I noticed a drop of green. Seems to be at the head gasket :(

Charlie175

*Haven't*....correction above....

I assume a leak along the head joint is a bad gasket? I have to look more and see if that is indeed what is leaking.

Charlie175

Luckily my leak wasn't the Head, it was from a hose joint above that. Tightened the clamps and it stopped.
Spent the day changing out a wheel cylinder that I had checked 2 months ago and it was OK then. Started leaking this week.
Wasn't too bad this time around to do it.

HDN

Luckily my leak wasn't the Head, it was from a hose joint above that. Tightened the clamps and it stopped.
Spent the day changing out a wheel cylinder that I had checked 2 months ago and it was OK then. Started leaking this week.
Wasn't too bad this time around to do it.
I'm glad it wasn't the head gasket! From what I've read about doing a head gasket on the multifuel it looks a bit more complex than doing one on a flathead gasser. Doesn't the multifuel have two head gaskets?

Charlie175

Did some work Sunday on my driver door window. The window came loose and dropped. I found that the holding nub on the front was rusted to heck and not much left of it. I ground off the rivet and removed it and replaced it with a bolt. Found out quickly you can't have the nut facing in as it hits something in the door. Reverse it and used a carriage bolt and that worked out OK. Still didn't work right and found out the opposite end of that lever goes in a track and that had come out. So that was fun feeling up in there and picturing things in my head on how it worked. Finally got that in the track. The other side was OK, but the clip was missing. I found the clip but it didn't want to stay on so I used a washer and a C Clip. Seemed to go on nicely so I will see how it works. Window now rolls up/down smoothly.
I swear, when I think I am done fixing things, something else happens

Charlie175

Mindlessly sanded spots on the truck to feather in scratches and such. Also removed the remainder of the graphics goo and stubborn decals. I purchased from Amazon a rubber ball that goes on a drill (Like a big eraser). This quickly removes vinyl decals and residue. The tough ones were the reflective strips as they were on tight (Even tried a heat gun). But I am steps closer to being ready for paint. Now to get some warm days with no wind.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks