• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chattanooga area

jedawson1

I'm in Murfreesboro, TN about 90minutes away, Knoxville has their own club "KMVC" with a few members on the south side. Their annual Fall Creek Falls camp out is in September, and they are active in parades and camping through out the year. Couple of great HAM radio guys in that group, if you have your ticket let me know. With you being in Cleveland, I would lean toward Knoxville as they are a fairly active group.

Last edited:

Al Harvey

Oh funny funny Al , how have you been since the ralley? I was talking close enough to do things like the Knoxville club does. I don't know if there is any interest in something like that in Chattanooga area .
Not too bad. Replaced the fuel pump and jeep is running great, go figure. I've been thinking about trying to get something together around south Nashville when it warms up, just not sure where.

Al Harvey

I figure we could also talk Alan and David into coming.

Yeah I think it was some foreign crap built pump. I'm going to replace it with the mechanical pump off a Plymouth like Blake suggested when I get the time to bring it back into the shop. That is if I ever get this 48 Ford out of here.

alburms311

Hey ThunderCraker, you aren't too far from me, Hayden, you should come to some of our events, or even join if you like. If nothing else we should meet up one day, you could probably teach this old dog some new tricks on the CUCV. And yes I would drive up to TN for a weekend and surround myself with folks addicted to old green stuff:)

Hey ThunderCraker, you aren't too far from me, Hayden, you should come to some of our events, or even join if you like. If nothing else we should meet up one day, you could probably teach this old dog some new tricks on the CUCV. And yes I would drive up to TN for a weekend and surround myself with folks addicted to old green stuff:)
How far is Hayden from Huntsville? We have a few people around this area.

alburms311

A little over an hour. We just did a Vietnam Veteran show in Cullman Saturday and it was great. Also done an event in Gardendal Sunday then the Veterans Day parade in Bham yesterday. We are a fairly active group.

We did the Athens Alabama Veterans Day Parade Saturday and the Huntsville Veterans Day Parade Monday and then toured the Veterans Museum. How many are in your group? We should get something scheduled.

alburms311

I'm not sure how many official members we have, but it seems there are around 7-10 active members, depending on the location of the event. Also the pre race lap around Talladega was pretty cool, that's an annual event for us. Did you go to the MVPA Convention Huntsville in 2012? Dixie Division hosted that one.

alburms311

Yeah I didn't go either. I got my first vehicle around this time last year and had never heard of the MVPA. I had always wanted one but my means didn't allow, I stuck with what items I could afford and researching my granddads Korean War service. Getting a piece of history with a motor has been quite a joy. Shoot me a PM or I will you and we can hook up sometime and introduce friends of the hobby. Didn't mean to semi- hijack the OP thread, but I do support a mini rally[thumbzup]