• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cheap Electric Wipers

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finished the install. I would say if your air wipers are working good, keep them. I paid about $100 shipped for these and they are probably worth that. Nothing more. They don't sweep as much as the air wipers did. The wiper blades that come in the kit had to be tossed. I used the Anco civy wipers that I had previously installed. The arm is held to the shaft with a clamp that is tightened by a metric allen head bolt. The blot head easily strips out when you try to clamp it down good, which you need to or it slips. The electrical connections are the worst.

It has a ground which we ran to the windshield frame. Then a power wire that runs down to the fusebox following the path the air hoses used to take. Then a switch wire that goes to the dash where the old switch was. This switch is also grounded. I guess this is to allow the auto park to work. Most of the time (not always) the wipers just didn't shut off. I got sick of messing with it and grounded the switch wire and installed the switch on the power wire. Works good except no auto park.

Other than that the speed seems ok - it's about medium. Not too slow or very fast. Should be ok unless it's down pouring.

If you air wipers are crap and you don't want to spend huge money, this is an ok mod. Not the best, but it will work.

The cheap windshield washer kit we bought went in quick and easy. Doesn't spray the whole window but I have it aimed to where the wipers work the most. You could easily add a couple more nozzles if you wanted. That was worth the 25 bucks.

Only other thing we did today was swap out a leaky upper radiator hose. I wanted to do all of them and clean out the radiator, but this one couldn't wait. The parts guy just let me go around back and pick out a hose since he couldn't use his computer.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We tested everything in a good downpour today. Worked better than I expected. Speed is good and the sweep area is just enough. Better than air wipers IMHO.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad that it worked for you! I have to say, I am quite pleased with mine. I agree, the wipers that are shipped with it aren't the best, but like you, 10" civy blades worked. Worked better than the "locked" air wiper.:deadhorse: I haven't done the wiper fluid yet, were did you get yours? and how did it mount up? Thanks
God bless,
Tony:D

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad that it worked for you! I have to say, I am quite pleased with mine. I agree, the wipers that are shipped with it aren't the best, but like you, 10" civy blades worked. Worked better than the "locked" air wiper.:deadhorse: I haven't done the wiper fluid yet, were did you get yours? and how did it mount up? Thanks
God bless,
Tony:D
Got my washer from eBay. Search under Universal Washer. It was 25 plus shipping. Mounted it on the firewall to the outside of the steering column under the hood.

The nozzles have to be adjusted with a sewing needle to all the way up and then mounted as far back on the cowl as possible.

We had problems with a hose leaking but we solved it by using a small piece of safety wire as a hose clamp.

Remember - it's 12 volts.

I can get pics if you like.

southdave

Here what I found out in wiper set(humvee) for my M37 redo.. this 24 volt motor it the same I have in my m35 marine wiper the linkage is the same .. 80 degree of oper. I think the complete unit was around 160bucks 210 for stainless linkage lol

Attachments

shenkmen

Here what I found out in wiper set(humvee) for my M37 redo.. this 24 volt motor it the same I have in my m35 marine wiper the linkage is the same .. 80 degree of oper. I think the complete unit was around 160bucks 210 for stainless linkage lol
Southdave, what is the Vetus model number you used in your M35?

Thanks much

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks