• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check out my new tool!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought Craftsmans were throw aways?
Blasphemy, blasphemy I tell you.

May you be whipped with a wet noodle until you give in to the great and all powerful Sears (I mean K-Mart...).

I like to polish my tools every day and love them and pet them.

There's even an icon here for it.

:cookoo:

sw

Bighurt

There is a very limited space between the nut and the head itself. It is possible to get some of them if they are lined up just right. A closed end wrench like the one shown will work a socket would also. I like and use the one shown on many other threads. It works great for me.
Thanks Bighurt....I have wondered how to do that. I take it that A=the torque wrench and B=the adapter shown in the thread.
Any torque wrench.

Any adapter.

It's a versitile formula. If the adapter is at an angle other than striaght on there is another formula. the adapter at 90° to the wrench has no effect in torque.

jimm1009

Not trying to dampen andone's ideas on tool fabrication as we should all be able to design or modify the tools for our beloved trucks as we are their keepers now.

I did a google search and was wondering if this is the Sanpon tool that one of you mentioned earlier in hte thread (see PDF attachment).

Attachments

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
well, i suspect there are 2 part numbers for that tool. 1 for the older engines that only went to, 130 ft lbs? and a newer stronger one for the 158 ft lbs. mine did not seem to mind at all, with no flexing.

tom

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well, Saturn wants, what, 50.00 something plus shipping. I made this after reading multiple accounts of the tool breaking. And no one here has identified a source for a "new and improved" tool made to go to 158 lb ft, so I made my own. I have asked in another thread for a source, and no one can identify anyone other than Saturn, and their wrench has a history of failure. So, until someone here can tell me where to get the proper tool that won't break and leave me out 50-60 dollars, I'll go with what I've got, and it didn't cost me anything to make.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My Saturn tool broke @ 110 ft lbs, so I'd say it is pretty much 100% worthless.

tm america

nothing wrong with making it i would have just made it like the original. where it goes out then up then back to the center of the bolt so no need to recaculate the torque . could be easily done with one wrench ,a 7/16 deep well,and a 7/16 short socket.the wrench to go on the bolt .then the deep well going up to another piece of the wrench going back to center where you would weld the short socket on to hook your torgue wrench up:grd:oh and use impact sockets as they are weldable without loosing all the hardness and making them brittle

baxter

The problem I se with the original tool is that you cant use it without removing the oil cooler line. I didnt even weld mine i just used an extension and used it that way. I also have several friends with deuces and just figured my heads are the first but not the last so a little grinding and know we have a tool that wont break and we can all use it.

Larch

I broke a head bolt wrench from Saturn while trying to remove the head bolts. I had a wrench fabricated (used a box wrench and socket). Removed the head bolts with no problem with the fabricated wrench and then used the Saturn head bolt wrench to torque the head back on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks